Mobile Application Helps Startups and Local Non-Profits Capture Feedback and Investment Dollars
Industry – Non-Profit
- Brainspire was looking to support a local non-profit organization in the Denver community by applying our mobile software development talent
- The Society for Information Management (SIM-Colorado) was putting on a “Shark Tank” like event called “SIMTank” to raise money for KidsTek, a local non-profit STEM program.
- The concept was for local technology start-ups to give a 5-minute pitch to a panel of investors and audience members.
- Brainspire volunteered to build a mobile application for audience members to participate in the event
- Brainspire developed a custom mobile application that works on any smart device for attendees of “tank-like” events to be able to invest a fictitious $1 million among the start-up companies giving their pitch
- The mobile application also captures comments from audience members that can be shared with the start-up organizations to help improve the marketability and growth of their company
- The mobile solution was built with a variety of administrative functions on the back-end to be able to adapt the application to a variety of different events, with little to no programming
- Brainspire developed and administers this solution at no cost to the non-profits
- The mobile application has been repurposed for a series of similar events held throughout the year by the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce Small Business Development Center called “TroutTank”
- The mobile application has been repurposed for a similar annual event called “MADTank,” that is hosted during Denver Gives Week by the Denver Gives Organization. The application was modified to take in real donations though PayPal integration as opposed to fictitious dollars.
- The mobile application has successfully been used at over 10 events and growing, promoting Denver based startup organizations, and helping to raise over $100,000 for local non-profits and charities at no cost to these organizations