An international cosmetics firm gains new insight and clarity into their order management process
Industry – Cosmetics
- The client is a multi-national cosmetics company that delivers high-quality products to budget conscious consumers.
- Orders followed a complicated processing path through several different platforms, ranging from legacy systems to newer platforms such as NetSuite, making it a challenge to locate and track orders through their lifecycle.
- Consequently, order fulfillment was not as efficient as it could be and finding overdue orders that needed to be shipped was problematic.
- The client hired Brainspire’s Business Intelligence and Reporting talent to address these challenges while allowing its internal IT staff to focus on other projects.
- Brainspire created a report to continuously track where orders are throughout the process lifecycle, highlighting any overdue orders so that they may be prioritized for shipment.
- Engaging the process from beginning to end – Brainspire designed an architecture that allows the Client to extract and visualize information from the raw data quickly and easily.
- Brainspire leveraged the SQL Server stack to extract, transform and load data with Microsoft’s PowerBI for reporting to provide an end-to-end dashboard solution.
- SQL Server Integration Services imports flat files from the various order management systems, loading the cleaned and transformed data into SQL tables.
- PowerBI was used to create clean, interactive and eye-catching reports that provide multiple levels of insight and drill-down capabilities.
- Designed for efficiency, the solution requires minimal manual intervention with the ETL processes following a daily schedule with reports refreshed at timely intervals.
- Brainspire provided detailed documentation to facilitate the integration of the completed solution within the client’s business processes.
- The entire company gained new insights into their order processing, allowing employees at every level to more quickly identify orders requiring special attention, boosting both productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Rather than relying on potentially conflicting spreadsheets from disparate sources, employees now have a unified view of order status.
- While employees no longer have to spend time maintaining their own spreadsheets, they are still able to filter and organize order information to suit their needs, further improving their productivity.
- By leveraging Brainspire’s expertise, the client’s IT staff was free to pursue other enhancements to their operations.