The market leader in window treatments streamlined their information systems and software development practices
Industry – Window Treatments
- The global leader in window blinds and treatments was in the process of converting its application and database to a new architecture.
- To improve its processing of custom orders, the client needed to make more order information available on the production floor.
- Additionally, a new product was being launched and needed to be included into the new solution.
- Although highly skilled, the client’s development staff required additional resources to efficiently complete a project of this scope.
- In addition to focusing on specific technological requirements, Brainspire worked with the client to strengthen the core organizational development practices for improved management and delivery of this and future projects.
- Adoption of new software requirements tracking and source control tool (TFVC) has reduced delivery time for new features and improved communication between the client’s development team and product owners, management and other stakeholders.
- Automated, integrated testing was expanded to the backend Windows service to improve code quality while reducing testing time.
- Order information is now automatically loaded and transformed from an external database for display within the client’s .NET manufacturing information software.
- Experienced Brainspire staff provided application and database architecture mentoring to the client’s development team throughout the development process to expand its in-house expertise and skillsets.
- Through participation in daily standups, user story grooming, code reviews and mentoring, Brainspire worked onsite to provide seamless knowledge transfer.
- Automated test scripts, architectural diagrams, user documentation and recorded software demonstrations were provided by Brainspire along with its deliverables to integrate its work completely with that of the client’s staff.
- Delivery time of new software features reduced by 50%.
- Improved code quality, decreased testing time and reduced help desk tickets.
- Automated integration between the order system and production floor.
- Enhanced communication and engagement between the client’s development team and product owners.